Tuesday 28 October 2014

Update

Been scribblin' these past few weeks, hoping to get a bunch of short stories sold to some "professional" publications. Reasons are fourfold: 1) to get some exposure; 2) to qualify for SFWA membership; 3) for my own self-esteem, because I live in a world without much feedback; 4) because it's fun to exercise, (and exorcise,) your story-telling muscles.

I've always been willing to experiment with different voices and styles as a short-story author. When I was writing a lot of them, six or seven years ago, I didn't much care how my stories came across because I just wanted that "paid writing" credit.  Now I'm more concerned that the people who read my short stories and go to read my novel don't feel short-changed.  The trouble is, now I'm so critical of what I'm doing, I'm never happy with it.

So yes, I know I should just throw it out there and see if it floats.  Just give me a moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment